White Vegan Pizza with Sundried Tomatoes and Rosemary

White Vegan Pizza #veggieangie

I can’t believe the Spurs lost by two points in last night’s game! I mean, Happy Monday. We’ve been following the Spurs all season long and are so excited to be in the NBA Finals. We watched the first game at my sister Sarah’s house last Thursday. She made us delicious vegan-friendly party snacks such as Buffalo Sandwiches and Smart Dogs in a Blanket. She inspired me to make awesome game night food. You definitely want something that’s easy to modify, share, and everyone loves. There is only one answer: pizza.

White Vegan Pizza #veggieangie

· 1/2 cup coconut milk
· 1/4 tsp salt

Toppings
· 1/2 cup sundried tomatoes in olive oil
· 1 tsp chopped fresh rosemary

White Vegan Pizza #veggieangie

Combine the yeast and sugar in a small bowl, pour in the warm water, and stir. Allow the mixture to proof for 10 minutes. You’re looking for a bubbly foam to start forming on the surface. Mix in salt and 2 tbsp olive oil. Slowly add in flour and rosemary until it combines into a loose dough. If the dough is too sticky to form in your hands, add more flour 1/4 cup at a time.

Lightly flour a clean surface and turn the dough out onto it, kneading for about a minute. Add 1 tbsp olive oil to a large, clean bowl. Transfer the dough into the bowl and roll it around so it’s evenly coated. Cover the bowl with a damp tea towel and allow the dough to rise for 2 hours, or until doubled in size.

White Vegan Pizza #veggieangie

Preheat the oven to 475°F. Rinse the sundried tomatoes, drain, and set aside. Sauté garlic cloves in 1 tbsp olive oil over medium heat until browned. Blend the garlic with the coconut milk and salt in a food processor.

White Vegan Pizza #veggieangie

Lightly flour a large baking pan and the top of the dough. Transfer the dough from the bowl onto the pan, adding flour to your hands and the dough if needed. Gently press the dough into a large oval with slightly thicker edges.

Pour the garlic coconut cream evenly across the crust. Add the sundried tomatoes and rosemary. Bake at 475°F degrees for 10 minutes or until the edges have lightly browned. Allow the pizza to cool slightly before slicing. Enjoy!

White Vegan Pizza #veggieangie

This pizza will go perfectly with tomorrow night’s game. Go Spurs Go!

xo angie

p.s. Apparently, last Friday was National Donut Day. Celebrate late with my Chocolate Covered Vegan Donuts!

This entry was posted in Pinned it Made it, Savory Recipes and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

25 Responses to White Vegan Pizza with Sundried Tomatoes and Rosemary

1. Kayse says:

This looks amazinggggg! What a genius idea for the white sauce! I’ve got to make this.

2. saplingvegan says:

I love pizza! totally going to make this sauce :)

3. Jacqueline says:

Glad you like my recipe!

4. shonalika says:

That’s a really creative and delicious-sounding sauce! Might just make use of your suggestion above and use it in a pasta:)

5. Anna says:

Any idea if the pizza dough would work fine with a gluten free flour blend?? wheat allergic baby in the house.

Thank you!!!!

6. andy says:

I’m not a vegan, I’m not even a vegetarian! But this looks and sounds delicious! I cannot wait for my boyfriend and I to try it. :)

7. This pizza looks ah-maaaaazing! I love the idea of Garlic Coconut Sauce. Pinning it to make later. :)

8. Emma says:

I made the original recipe a few years ago and loved it! Thanks for the reminder to make it again!

9. Jan says:

This recipe looks amazing, what kind of coconut milk do you use?

10. Brecon says:

Sounds great!! Is the coconut milk from a can, or it is it just the milk you would buy in the refrigeration section you might use for smoothies and cereal?

11. Ant says:

Hi there! First off, congratulations for the blog, it’s really nice!
    I fell in love with this recipe as soon as I first saw it (and that’s how I found out about your blog), and since I love sundried tomatoes and coconut milk and garlic, I really had to try it out. And here’s the result!

The taste of the sause is AMAZING, I’m definitely going to use it for other purposes :D Thanks so much for sharing!
    Cheers! :)