I love baking. It’s just so easy and it pleases all my family and friends. The fastest way to convince someone that being vegan is awesome is to serve them brownies. Amazing, gooey, rich, chocolate brownies.
Vegan Chocolate Brownies
Ingredients (organic / vegan versions):
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 2 cups raw or brown sugar
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup water or almond milk
- 1 cup vegetable or canola oil
- 1 cup walnuts or pecans (optional)
- 1/2 cup vegan chocolate chips (optional)
Preheat the oven to 350°. In a large bowl, stir together ingredients until well blended. Spread evenly in a 9×13 inch baking pan. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes in the preheated oven. Let cool for at least 10 minutes before cutting into squares. Recipe adapted from allrecipes.com.